Monday, June 22, 2009

Comments for Tuesday Class

Well I have finally sat down and read the whole book and my mind is whirling!! I have to admit the chapter on RSS feeds almost pushed me over the edge. My mind was bursting with possibilities and excitement and I had to put the book down and go to the refrigerator and eat mass quantities of food just so I could settle down and finish reading the book. Then I got to the chapter on Flickr and once again my pulse started to race and my heart beat became quite rapid but this time I did manage to refrain from foraging in the refrigerator! I really did teeter back and forth between, this is really overwhelming and wow get me to the computer I am staying up all night and trying everything out. Fortunately sanity did kick in and I will slowly process everything I have read and try it all out in due time but I am really, really excited to use what I have learned in this class. I really do agree with the author that we need to help the students sift through all the information that is available to them. I also love his summary of what it all means and his phrase "shift" because with the web tools available there will be major shifts in how students learn and display their knowledge and it is an exciting time to be in the classroom!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I have to say I am a little overwhelmed with all of this new technology. I hope to go through the book at a slower pace this summer and actually absorb what we are learning. You will have to help me this fall when I want to really use it with a class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too much fun to read!! :-) Balance is key as you shift into new gears!

    Enjoy the summer - I know you will make a lot of this information your own!

    ReplyDelete